Τhe Ionion Center’s for the Arts and Culture building complex offers theater areas, exhibition areas, workshops and studios, educational facilities and spaces, art library, residence areas, veranda cafe.
Structural facilities and equipment render the Center the ideal venue for hosting:
- Art exhibitions
- Museum collections
- Arts related exhibitions
- Presentations of Arts and Sciences works
- Music concerts
- Theater performances
- Dance performances
- Video art, motion pictures
- Seminars, art workshops,educational programs, masterclasses
- Art competitions
- Art festivals
- Conventions, congresses,conferences
- Organising and hosting events, ceremonies, professional and social meetings,banquets, special events.
- Available facilities for residencies.
- STRUCTURAL FACILITIES – EQUIPMENT AND OPERATION FOR EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
- The Center’s building complex , a space of 800 square meter is designed to address activities related to educational needs.The location, in five minutes distance from the Island Kefalonia’s International airport ,the low prices in air tickets,based on formal agreements of the island with air companies and the direct air connection to the main European cities and countries helps all the interested factors as students, professors, reporters, art lovers, in arts and sciences involved factors and institutions, to have direct access to the Center. Workshops, lectures, presentations, semester or year abroad projects, summer and field studies on arts and sciences, educational trips, connected or not to the Center’s official program are offered and supported.Spaces for educational needs, art creation and theory for more than 100 persons are available as follow:
For Visual Arts : Two equipped studios with day and electric light, to host workshops, open studios and related activities.
Teaching rooms equipped for 15 to 25 persons.
For exhibitions : Two main exhibition halls of 100 and 120 square meters.
For extensive exhibitions : The entire building inside and outside is a venue for exhibitions for all disciplines.
For Literary Arts : library area and connected studio space.
For Performing Arts, Music and Dance: Theater, 100 seats, 80square meters stage, actors preparation and residence area, professional light and sound systems, to host:
Theater education, rehearsals, performances.
Music education, rehearsals, chorals, concerts.
Dance education and performances.
Also are offered :high speed wireless internet, secretarial and administrative support and assistance, 24 hours supervising personnel and, according the case by case needs and the events on program, technical, personal or other assistance. Personal and technical assistance is offered too for individual artists, faculty members, study directors, students, schools, colleges. The Educational function of the Center supports activities such as art theory, lectures, seminars, master classes, congresses, conventions, presentations, projections, films, motion pictures.
- Αll the areas are safe and accessible to children and to people with special needs.
We cannot display this gallery